Truckers tell Marty Ellis they don’t like one Virginia lawmaker’s weird-bordering-on-nonsense left lane proposal – or the latest from Tesla.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
The U.S. cross-border vaccine mandate goes into effect tomorrow. UCR fees are set for the coming year. And like a Bat out of Hell, he is gone.
II. Paint vs. vinyl wraps
There are lots of ways you can pretty up your rig, but few things have as much impact as paint. However, whether it’s a traditional paint scheme or something more ornate, Bryan Martin of the Chrome Shop Mafia says you now have an option – vinyl wraps.
III. Left lane plan gets bad reviews
Marty Ellis is deep in the heart of Texas, hearing some skepticism about a weird-bordering-on-nonsense left-lane proposal and the latest from Tesla.
IV. OOIDA supports vision standards change
OOIDA says a change in standards for truckers with a vision impairment in one eye will help experienced, safe drivers to stay on the road; meanwhile, new cross-border entry requirements are about to go into effect.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- FMCSA is updating its vision standards for commercial drivers who have vision impairment in one eye. Get all the details here.
- Applications are being accepted for the OOIDA Mary Johnston Scholarship. You can apply through the OOIDA website. The deadline is Feb. 1.
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Pearsall, Texas. That’s at Exits 100 and 101 off Interstate 35. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Visit Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks. If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email BossManonLandLineNow@ChromeShopMafia.com.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- Are you involved in organizing a truck show? We want to make other truckers aware of your event, but we need your help. Email information about your event to us at LandLineNow@ooida.com.
- OOIDA is seeking the names and addresses of military personnel serving overseas so we can send them care packages through Truckers for Troops. You can call that information in to Nikki Johnson at our main number, 816-229-5791, or e-mail it to email@example.com.