Land Line Now, May 10, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
How long is too long when you’re waiting at the dock to unload? An OOIDA senior member was forced to wait 11 days. We have the story.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Problems continue for the Colonial Pipeline. Fuel prices are on the rise. And you thought late fees were bad.
II. Waiting at the dock: a really bad example
Waiting at the dock to unload your truck can be one of the most frustrating parts of the job – but there are limits to anyone’s patience. An OOIDA senior member discusses being forced to wait 11 days at a distribution center. Also, the cost of going to court in Illinois could discourage trucker from seeking justice, while a major truck stop offers a COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Iowa.
III. States target highway protests
Oklahoma is the latest state to target highway protests, while several other states pursue changes to left lane rules.
IV. Reporting coercion
A system devised to help truckers report cases of forced non-compliance is again figuring into a highway bill. We’ll review that – and what’s next for the overall legislation.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Click here to read the North Carolina governor’s emergency order.
- The Iowa 80 Truckstop is offering its COVID-19 vaccination clinic May 13-16. You can make an appointment at com/vaccine. Any questions about vaccine appointments should be directed to Hy-Vee Pharmacy at 563-359-3120.
- The Oak Grove 70 Petro will have a walk-in, no appointment clinic from 1 p.m.to 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 20.
- FEMA has made a new option available for finding locations with available COVID-19 vaccines. You can text your ZIP code to 438829 to receive a text with the closest vaccine location.
- Get the details on vaccine clinics and locations here.
- Starting Wednesday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Fultonville, N.Y. That’s at Exit 28 off Interstate 90. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.