Land Line Now, September 15, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Winter is coming, and getting your basic systems ready starts now. Plus, why the Trump administration is defending an Obama-era rule on truck trailers.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Hurricane Sally slowly stalks the Gulf Coast; wildfires continue to burn in the west; and don’t Zoom and drive.
II. Winter is coming
Winter maintenance time is right around the corner, and that means getting your truck ready. What are some of the basic systems that need to be checked, and what do you need to check in them?
III. Get out the vote; “Steer Clear” law
More states are making changes to absentee voting rules in light of the coronavirus pandemic. Plus, efforts in Pennsylvania to change the state’s “Steer Clear” law.
IV. Trump administration defends Obama-era regulation
How and why the Trump administration is defending an Obama-era regulation on truck trailers in court.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The American Transportation Research Institute’s 2020 Top Industry Issues Survey is open through Oct. 16. You can take the survey here.
- Trucking 4 Kids Convoy event will take place on Sept. 20 in Scarborough, Maine. Money raised will go to Camp Sunshine and Camp POSTCARD. You can find more information online.
- Find the latest road closure information in the California here.
- Get the latest road information in Oregon here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Salina, Kan. Located at Exit 252 off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.