Land Line Now, Oct. 27, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The head of ATA took aim at trial lawyers in some recent remarks. So what has him riled up, and how could it affect you and your business?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA says a proposed worker classification rule doesn’t go far enough; another storm is bearing down on the Gulf Coast; and just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale of a weaponized TV theme song – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Some basics about bookkeeping
Bookkeeping is kind of like getting a shot at the doctor’s office – you endure a little pain now to avoid a lot more later. So what do you need to do?
III. Transportation on local ballots
Voters throughout the San Francisco Bay area will soon decide on several transportation issues.
IV. ATA boss unhappy with trial lawyers
The head of the ATA took aim at trial lawyers in some recent remarks. So what has him riled up, and what does it mean to you – and your business? We’ll offer some insight that – and where his remarks come up short.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 1995 Trailmobile dry van trailer. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in Jessup, Md., located at Exit 41A off Interstate 95. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- If you have questions about tax matters call Shasta May at 888-407-1669 or you can email her here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.