Land Line Now, March 25, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
It’s our virtual Mid-America Trucking Show – and today, we’ll explain some of the regulations and agencies truckers deal with every day.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Congress talks truck parking for the second day in a row. A Pennsylvania trucking group pushes back against bridge tolls. And now hiring: a commercial “spokesfist.”
II. MATS – new officials, education and new regulations
First, the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville is where we first meet new federal officials, a place for education seminars, and a chance to update truckers on the latest regulatory news.
III. Two states work to increase road funding
Missouri is inching closer to raising its fuel tax for the first time in 25 years, while Utah is on the cusp of sending more than a billion new dollars into highway funding.
IV. MATS – who runs what in D.C.
The Mid-America Trucking Show is a chance to get educated – about things like the trucking business and the equipment. But it’s also a chance to learn how the government interacts with truckers, and who’s in charge of what.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Georgia DOT is seeking public comment on its four-year, Statewide Transportation Improvement Program. You can find more information and file comments here.
- The FMCSA’s annual Road Safety Art Contest is now open for submissions. Get the details and an entry form here. The deadline is June 4.
- A whisky company is now seeking applications for a job they say the right person could do one-handed. You can find the details and enter online here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in London, Ohio. That’s at Exit 79 off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.