Land Line Now, Nov. 10, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
We’ll discuss Veterans Community Project’s expansion plans, and tell you how other facilities your donations helped are meeting the need.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
White House announces additional steps to address supply chain crisis. Coalition of trucking groups sues Biden administration over vaccine mandate. And what happens when your only bathroom in space goes out of service?
II. Veterans Community Project plans to expand
It’s Day 3 of the 2021 OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign, our 15th annual effort to raise money to support our troops and veterans. The Veterans Community Project started small, but it has plans to go nationwide. We’ll explain.
III. North Carolina veterans’ facility fills basic needs
We’ll have a conversation from the 2016 Truckers for Troops campaign about a North Carolina facility’s efforts to help veterans in need.
IV. What are veterans’ needs? This VA facility explains
And we’ll bring you a 2018 story about what sorts of needs a Virginia veterans’ facility is trying to fill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The three largest truck stop chains in the U.S. are giving back for Veterans Day tomorrow in the form of free food. Get all the details here.
- The OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign runs this week, until the start of business Monday, Nov. 15. You can join OOIDA or renew your membership for a discounted rate – 10% of that will go toward care packages for troops and to support the Veterans Community Project. OOIDA will match that money. If you want to make a direct donation, call 816-229-5791 and ask for Membership.
- Starting Friday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Jim Wilcox TA in Albuquerque, N.M. That’s at Exit 159A off Interstate 40, Exit 225 off Interstate 25N and Exit 227 off Interstate 25S. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.