Land Line Now, Sept. 4, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The FMCSA will conduct a pilot program for interstate truck drivers under age 21. We’ll explain the concerns and how they’re doing it.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA denies all requests for reconsideration of the new hours of service rules; a new truck driver pilot program for under 21 CDL holders is announced; and a chicken wing by any other name – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Roses and Razzberries
From some safety inspectors who finally prove they get it to a trucking company that ignores its own truck drivers’ basic health needs, we’ll tell us who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad with some Roses and Razzberries.
III. Finding truck drivers that sit-down meal
Jon Osburn is in the Upper Midwest, hearing about truck drivers’ parking problems and keeping an eye out for where those truckers can find a nice sit-down meal.
IV. Under-21 truck driver pilot program
The FMCSA has announced it will conduct a pilot program for interstate truckers under the age of 21. We’ll explain how they’re doing it and what the concerns are.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Albert Lea, Minn., at Exit 11 off Interstates 90 and 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- FMCSA and FEMA also have face masks available. Find a list of locations here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen semi-trailer. The 2002 Lufkin Stepdeck is black with wood flooring and a Virginia plate. It was last seen on Campbell Highway in Lynchburg, Va. A $500 reward is offered for information leading to its recovery. For more information, go to TRACERsystem.us; if you have information, call 202-246-2698.
- Learn more about the poster contest here: Artists have until Sept. 15 to enter Trucking in America poster contest.