Land Line Now, July 7, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A transportation spending bill leaves out controversial issues affecting trucking. Also, the pandemic and protests affect drug and alcohol testing.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
We know more about how many trucking companies benefitted from Paycheck Protection Program loans; the FMCSA employs a little understanding when it comes to drug and alcohol testing; and a driver gets out of a pricey speeding ticket with a little show-and-tell – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Pandemic, protests affect drug testing
A lot of things have been delayed, put off, canceled or otherwise affected by protests, the pandemic and other recent events. And that includes the normal procedures associated with drug and alcohol testing for truck drivers.
III. Voters to decide on sales tax for roads
Arkansas voters will decide whether to continue a sales tax for roads; meanwhile, Maryland will end suspensions for red-light camera violations.
IV. Details on the transportation spending bill
Yesterday, we discussed some of what we expect to be in an upcoming transportation spending bill. Today, the text is out and we know.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker have canceled the stop at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo., but you can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find out more about OOIDA’s CMCI services here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.