Land Line Now, Sept. 21, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
FMCSA hatches a plan to create an advisory committee made up of commercial drivers, and extend CDL, permit and medical card renewal dates.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA extends the deadline for CDLs and medical certificates; OOIDA wants Congress to be clear when it comes to paycheck protection program loans; and a new kind of concert tour comes to New York City – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. New, free cost of operations class
For several years, OOIDA has offered free educational video classes online. Now, the OOIDA Foundation is releasing a new online class covering one of the most important topics for owner-operators – the cost of operations.
III. The latest from Land Line Magazine
When you crack open your new copy of Land Line Magazine, certain columns are sure to come up on your radar. From “Road Law” and “Mafia Secrets” to “Strange Things and Filthy Lies.”
IV. FMCSA gives truckers a place to be heard
FMCSA plans to create an advisory committee made up of commercial drivers – and extends the renewal date for CDLs, learner’s permits and medical certifications.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The Chrome Shop Mafia has delayed the Guilty by Association Truck Show until 2021. However, they will offer a live streaming event Sept. 25. Find out more here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA truck stop in Beto Junction, Kan., located at Exit 155 off Interstate 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation and online education classes
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.