Land Line Now, Jan. 25, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
What is the schedule for drivers’ COVID-19 vaccinations? From what health professionals and others are saying, it shouldn’t be much longer.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA’s Lewie Pugh will testify before Congress next week. UPS sells off a major trucking asset. And are those airbags in your pants?
II. COVID-19 vaccinations may happen soon
We’ll have the latest information on the COVID-19 vaccination schedule for drivers. Also, when a trucker sought help at the roadside for an unusual situation, he found it in the form of Indiana State Trooper Thomas Maymi. We’ll report on that, and a study about the challenges pregnant truckers face.
III. Insurance endorsements – why they’re important
From reefer breakdown deductibles and EPA clean-ups to family emergency travel and hired auto – if you don’t have the right policy endorsement within your insurance agreement, you could be left holding the bag.
IV. Broker and labor issues update
With a new Congress comes new challenges, but also new opportunities. Among the issues likely to come up are broker transparency, broker bonds, worker classification and other labor-related issues in trucking.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Ontario, Calif. That’s located at Exit 57 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- Women in Trucking is conducting a driver pregnancy study. Find out more and take the survey here.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.