Land Line Now, June 21, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Towing reform is closer to passage in Missouri, offering hope to victims of predatory towing, while progress continues in other states.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
State and local authorities investigate a major fatal crash in Alabama. The FMCSA delays parts of the Medical Examiner Registry for another four years. And what’s the most misspelled word in your state?
II. Helping police solve problems
When Fareed Johnson isn’t working behind the wheel of a pneumatic truck, he’s serving as the leader of the police advisory board in Gainesville, Fla. We’ll talk with him about what he’s doing to solve some of the problems that have been exposed over the past year.
III. MCS-90 – having it is not an option
OOIDA has been getting reports about a certain insurance company that’s not providing customers with their annual copy of the MCS-90. And that is a problem.
IV. Towing reform: slow progress
OOIDA not only works in Washington, D.C., but also keeps a close watch on issues in various states that could affect truckers. And we have progress reports on several of those issues, including truckers’ inability to get a specific kind of insurance in Colorado and towing reform in two states.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA is offering a free Truck to Success webinar at 7 p.m. central time July 20. The webinar will cover the cost of operations. You can sign up for the webinar here.
- OOIDA is urging truckers to call their representatives and ask them to oppose HR3684. The bill contains numerous anti-trucking provisions, including one that would raise minimum insurance requirements by more than 160%. Call your representative today at 202-224-3121.
- Starting Wednesday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Idella M. Hansen Petro in North Little Rock, Ark. That’s at Exit 161 off Interstate 40. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.