Land Line Now, August 7, 2020
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
“I told you so” is something some people take great joy in saying, but not when it relates to the use of ELDs. Plus the latest in coronavirus relief talks.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The economy added more jobs in July, but still has a long way to go; AAA says driver assist technology may get in the way more often than it helps; and two great tastes that taste great together.
II. “Roses and Razzberries”
From bringing joy to senior citizens and saving lives at truck stops – to a classic case of “I told you so” and dangers on a Texas highway – Terry Scruton and Scott Thompson tell you who’s been good – and who’s been bad with some “Roses and Razzberries.”
III. Finding a place to sit and eat
It’s still difficult to get a good sit-down meal in many places across the United States. Mark Reddig goes over that with Jon Osburn, the man who drives the Spirit of the American Trucker. Jon also has a friendly word of advice on something he’s noticed at truck stop parking lots.
IV. Emergency relief talks in D.C.
And finally, Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office provides an update on the latest emergency relief talks on Capitol Hill and tells us why this month is a good time to contact your lawmakers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Tower Tree Truck Classic at the Decatur County Fairgrounds in Greensburg, Ind. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks if you’re in need.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.