The Spirit of the American Trucker spreads the holiday spirit to children in the hospital. Plus, taking away positives from the Trucking Action Plan.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Greg Grisolano
The White House releases more details about its roundtable discussion aimed at strengthening the trucking workforce; the practice of “booting” parked vehicles in Georgia is dealt a blow; and truckers are leading the effort to stock food pantries in the Northeast.
II. Spirit spreads the holiday spirit
The Spirit of the American Trucker spreads the holiday spirit to children in the hospital with the help of a comic book store, a retail outlet and a group of volunteers.
III. Holiday gift ideas for truckers
Some late holiday gift ideas for the trucker in your life.
IV. Glass half-full perspective on Trucking Action Plan
Looking at the White House’s Trucking Action Plan with a glass half-full perspective.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Canada’s Border Services Agency is reminding all travelers coming into Canada that they must submit their mandatory information in ArriveCAN. You can get full details on current measures in place here.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Joplin, Mo. That’s at Exit 4 off Interstate 44. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Read the full OOIDA delivers toys to Children’s Mercy Hospital in KC story from Land Line.
- Want to make a Christmas donation to help trucking families? Here’s a list of some organizations you can support.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.