Land Line Now, July 12, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Did you get marked up in a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report? We’ll explain why you might want a ticket for the very same violation.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
It’s shaping up to be another record year for new authorities. One state prepares to pump $238 million into its roads and bridges – while another sends up an SOS. And why watching your speedometer this week is even more important.
II. You may actually want a ticket here
Did you get marked up in a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report recently? The guys from Road Law join us to explain why you might be in the odd position of wanting a ticket for the very same violation.
III. Driver shortage, schmiver shortage
If the so-called “driver shortage” is the piñata, the July issue of Land Line Magazine is the baseball bat – and they’re not wearing a blindfold. The cover story takes aim at the driver shortage myth with cold hard facts. We’ll have a preview.
IV. Federal road spending may go up
While some members of Congress are trying to figure out what to spend on transportation and infrastructure through the highway and infrastructure bills, others charged with paying the bills are making their own run at increasing spending.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund is holding an art auction. They’re asking truckers to put up anything made by hand, be it a painting, drawing, quilt or piece of jewelry. Get the details here. Deadline is July 26.
- OOIDA is offering a free Truck to Success webinar at 7 p.m. central time July 20. The webinar will cover the cost of operations. You can sign up for the webinar here.
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Charley Endorf Petro in York, Neb. That’s at Exit 353 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can get more information from Road Law here or send an email here.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- You can find a location to get a COVID-19 vaccination by entering a zip code into the website VaccineFinder.org.