Land Line Now, Dec. 25, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
We’ll offer a special, truckers’ version of the classic holiday poem “a Visit from St. Nick,” called “A Truckers Christmas Tale.”
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The DOT may not be ready for autonomous vehicles; a trucking company closes down a location in Texas; and a snowplow by any other name.
II. A Truckers’ Christmas Tale
We’ll have a special holiday treat: a special, truckers version of the classic holiday poem “a Visit from St. Nick,” better known as “Twas the Night Before Chistmas,” Richard Fatherly reads “A Truckers Christmas Tale.” Also, 75 years ago, a trucker helped reunite a woman with her brother, who was injured in the D-Day invasion of Europe. It’s an encore of a 2006 interview with Mrs. Pauline Myers of Independence, Missouri.
III. Wreaths Across America
Taking part in Wreaths Across America provided driver JD Walker a path toward healing after the tragic death of his son. Also, we’ll check in with two truckers who got to attend the White House Christmas party.
IV. The Hudgins Holiday Sing-Along
We have our own version of some holiday classics, truck-i-fied by long time trucking writer Bill Hudgins. We call it the Hudgins Holiday Singalong.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- You can find out more about the Wreaths Across America program online.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report, call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25% of the cost for an auxiliary power unit. Learn more at the OOIDA Foundation website.