Land Line Now, June 1, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The changes to the hours of service formally published today, which starts a clock toward their effective date; also, progress continues on truck parking.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Truckers get caught up in protests around the country; we finally know when the hours of service changes will take effect; and more than 500 truckers get free lunches in Illinois – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. What to look for in your brakes, Part II
You braking system has many vital parts – and among them, the S-cam, bearings and bushings play one of the more important roles. We’ll have some advice about what you should look for in those parts.
III. Operating during the pandemic
Land Line Magazine is keeping up with what you need to know about operating during – and living through – the COVID-19 pandemic.
IV. Hours of service changes have a date
Earlier today, the changes to the hours of service formally published in the Federal Register, which starts a clock toward the date when they are effective. Also, an update on truck parking and some trucker-unfriendly bills in Congress.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Laurel, Mont. That’s at Exit 437 on Interstate 90. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Learn more about Brake Safe here. OOIDA members can get a discount on their products.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.