Land Line Now, Feb. 15, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers may have won the Super Bowl, but a Kansas City Chiefs fan has a rig that’s a rolling tribute to his favorite team.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA helps secure the future of truck parking. Truckers Final Mile needs help due to increased demand. And the cutest traffic crash ever.
II. Super Bowl team has super fan with super truck
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers may have won the Super Bowl, but a Kansas City Chiefs fan has a rig that’s a living, breathing tribute to his favorite team. Also, Truckers Final Mile struggles now under the weight of the pandemic, while a new product promises to protect your cab from the coronavirus.
III. Oh, those plastic parts …
Over the years, truck makers have moved to lighter weight materials for many parts of the vehicles they produce. But plastic parts in particular have some disadvantages – and in the aftermarket, real problems.
IV. Getting truckers vaccinated
OOIDA has urged the Centers for Disease Control to prioritize truckers receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. We’ll also discuss what the administration hopes to spend on transportation and the government’s attitude toward slowdowns.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Henry Albert TA in Laredo, Texas. That’s at Exit 13 off Interstate 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- You can watch this video to find out how Sparta’s antimicrobial fights COVID-19.
- Truckers Final Mile has seen a surge in requests while one of its primary fundraisers has dried up. To help, find more information here.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.