Land Line Now, May 4, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA has pushed for driver training with behind-the-wheel time for decades. This year’s highway bill offers another chance to get it done.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A major truck stop is offering COVID vaccination clinics. Diesel prices are on the rise again after leveling off. And an explosive catch of the day.
II. The reality of getting a ticket
Getting a traffic ticket is never fun – and even less fun depending on where you get it. And in some places, if you get pulled over, you don’t have many options.
III. Missouri closer to increasing fuel tax
Missouri is one step closer to increasing its fuel tax, while Pennsylvania considers whether to fine truckers for failing to remove snow and ice from their rigs – whether or not it falls from the vehicle.
IV. Driver training – a real chance this year
For years, decades even, OOIDA and others in trucking have pushed the federal government to require a minimum level of training – including behind the wheel time – for truckers just entering the industry. And for years, the federal government has dragged its heels. This year, there’s another chance to finally get it done.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Iowa 80 Truckstop will be hosting COVID-19 vaccine clinics starting May 10. Get the details here.
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Lodi, Ohio. That’s at Exit 209 off Interstates 71 and 76. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can get more information from Road Law here or send an email here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.