Land Line Now, Jan. 26, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Several states are taking legislative action to cut back on law enforcement ticket quotas, joining the 20 that have already acted.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA says brokers aren’t being transparent about transparency. Winter weather takes aim at the Western U.S. And they’re “raving” about vaccines in England.
II. The dangers of sitting too much
Because the bulk of trucking as a job is behind the wheel, truckers are forced to spend a lot of their time seated. And that can lead to all kinds of health problems.
III. Ticket quotas target of state action
Several states are acting to curb ticket quotas, while Arkansas lawmakers are consider how to overcome a technicality so they can free up some road funding.
IV. Lessons from the pandemic
Congress plans to take a look next week at what lessons can be learned from the pandemic – especially concerning what was done to protect transportation workers, such as truckers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Michigan DOT is seeking public comments on its five-year transportation plan. You can learn more and file your comments here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Ontario, Calif. That’s at Exit 57 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- See what other medical solutions Dr. John offers at DocJmd.com.
- You can find out more about the Christopher Truckers Relief Fund here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.