Land Line Now, Feb. 2, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Seven states are considering changes to their fuel taxes in 2021 – and, no surprise, most of them are thinking about an increase.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Senate confirms a new leader for the DOT. Winter weather continues to pound the Northeast. And the best truck stop in the country is…
II. Understanding your tires
When you’re dealing with your truck, understanding how it works can make your life a lot easier. That’s especially the case with tires. We’ll explore what makes commercial truck tires unique, how that can bring about unique problems and how to prevent those problems in the first place.
III. Fuel tax increases? It could happen
Seven states are considering changes to their fuel tax – and, no surprise, most of them are thinking about an increase.
IV. Coalition fights minimum insurance increase
A coalition of transportation-related organization is working to stop a proposed increase in minimum insurance; meanwhile, as of today, we have a new secretary of transportation.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Due to weather and road conditions, Pennsylvania still had commercial vehicle restrictions on parts of Interstate 84 and Interstate 380 in the northeastern part of the state earlier today. Click here for the latest travel information in Pennsylvania.
- In Maine, the DOT was reporting speed limits reduced to 45 miles per hour and commercial vehicle restrictions on all of Interstate 95 for most of the day today. Check here for the latest information.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2006 Peterbilt 379. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Eloy, Ariz. That’s at Exit 200 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Read more about coalition efforts to fight minimum insurance increase.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.