Land Line Now, April 15, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Small-business loan programs set up to help cope with the pandemic are proving hard for truckers to navigate. Also, freight and rates are still grim.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA says the small-business loan program isn’t working for truckers; expiring TWIC cards get a reprieve; and a trucking company goes the extra mile for drivers – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. To infinity – and beyond!
Every trucker probably has at least one story of an unusual load they’ve hauled, but how many can say they’ve hauled a load that will be used to send people into deep space? OOIDA member Walter “Skip” Tillett can.
III. Bad news on freight and rates
Freight and rates continued to paint a grim picture for truckers amid the Covid-19 outbreak – but it’s one that is hopefully only temporary.
IV. Small-business loans prove troublesome for truckers
Small-business truckers are having problems getting help from some of the loan and other aid programs set up to keep our economy afloat during the pandemic shutdown. OOIDA has asked the government to respond – and they have.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Starting April 23, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Cartersville, Ga. That’s at Exit 296 on Interstate 75. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.