Land Line Now, Sept. 28, 2020
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
How the father of a standout NFL rookie running back turned his life around. Also, protecting yourself financially in a wreck with a passenger vehicle.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Major changes to the hours of service rules begin on Tuesday; the FMCSA seeks drivers for its new advisory panel; and an out-of-this-world excuse for stealing a truck.
II. Short runs and long hauls
Short runs, long hauls: an owner-operator who got his life back on track thanks in part to trucking talks about seeing his son get drafted into the NFL by the Super Bowl champs.
III. Uninsured/Underinsured coverage
It may not have been your fault, but getting into a crash with a passenger vehicle could end up costing you if the driver is uninsured or underinsured. How to protect yourself.
IV. Another round of PPP loans?
There’s been just one round of coronavirus financial assistance in the six months since the start of the pandemic. A look at the chances for a second round of PPP loans and direct payments.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- FMCSA opens applications for driver panel. Drivers wanting to apply should email their applications to MCSACdriver@dot.gov by Oct. 16.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA truck stop in Clayton, Ind., located at Exit 59 off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.