Land Line Now, May 29, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Scammers frequently target truckers in an effort to make a dishonest buck. We’ll cover some of the most common scams now. Also, more masks for truckers.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Protesters shut down highways in several cities; more masks are on the way from the DOT; and a 15-year Army vet becomes even more of a hero in Kansas – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Scams that target truckers
Scammers are always trying to make a dishonest buck. And truckers end up being a frequent target. We’ll cover some of the scams going after your wallet right now.
III. Broker problems and hours of service confusion
Jon Osburn is headed west, and hearing more from truckers about broker problems and confusion regarding changes to the hours of service.
IV. More masks headed out to truckers
The U.S. Department of Transportation has already sent millions of protective masks to truckers, and now they plan to send millions more. Also, a plan is hatched to move important bills through Congress more quickly.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA Express in Hot Springs, S.D. That’s at the intersection of U.S. Highways 385 and 18. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- See what OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.