Land Line Now, Nov. 6, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Jon Osburn tracks where to find an open truck stop restaurant as he fields questions about broker transparency, detention time and COVID-19.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
An attorney is indicted in a massive fake accident scheme in New Orleans; job numbers for trucking are on the rise; and a mayoral election that went to the dogs – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Hottest mods for your truck
Some truckers are always looking the latest, greatest thing to attach to their rig to make it look hotter or work better. So what’s the hottest mod available for your truck right now?
III. Truck stop restaurant – open or not?
Jon Osburn continues to keep track of truck stop restaurants as he fields questions about broker transparency, detention time and the COVID-19 pandemic.
IV. OOIDA to feds: No to self-driving Teslas
Tesla is pushing full speed ahead on its new self-driving system with plans to put it on American highways. But OOIDA has told federal officials it’s not a good idea.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Comments on a pair of pilot programs involving under-21 interstate drivers are due Monday, Nov. 9. Submit comments here on the under-21 pilot program. And submit comments here on the military under-21 pilot program.
- Comments on hair testing guidelines are also due Monday. You can file those comments here.
- A pallet of custom guitars was stolen from a truck at the Flying J Travel Center in Whiteland, Ind., on Oct. 30. Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Kenny Polley of the Whiteland Police Department at 317-535-8100.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Kenly, N.C., located at Exit 106 off Interstate 95. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- As Tesla pushes ahead on its new self-driving system with plans to put it on American highways OOIDA tells federal officials it’s not a good idea.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.