Land Line Now, April 1, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Freight and rates are up, but a drop in rates could be coming soon. Also, we’ll explain how the second COVID-19 stimulus bill could affect your business.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA gives truckers guidance on stay-at-home orders; the drop in traffic could cause funding problems down the road; and taking social distancing to new heights – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Going retro
How do you take a modern truck and make it look cool and retro? Well, it turns out a lot of options are available. Our producer, Barry Spillman, and I will talk with Bryan Martin, the boss man at the Chrome Shop Mafia.
III. Rates looking good – for now
Freight and rates are up, but a drop in rates could be coming soon.
IV. How the next stimulus will affect you
The second stimulus bill – meant to deal with the COVID-19 crisis – has been signed by the president and is now law. We’ll explain how it could affect you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in London, Ohio, at Exit 79 on Interstate 70. Find the upcoming stops for The Spirit here.
- Be sure to check out their websites, Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.