Land Line Now, September 11, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Tickets and citations are part of the job, but not all are created equal. Swatting away at the peskiest. Plus, a new push to fund transportation projects.
I. Today’s News with Terry Scruton
Wildfires continue to cause travel headaches in the west; CARB cracks down on diesel violations; and, if you’re going to impersonate a cop, be careful who you pull over.
II. Pesky tickets and citations
At some point, nearly all truckers will face getting a ticket or citation. And some of them will be for what seem like silly or pesky violations. What tops the list.
III. Weather changes; CVSA Roadcheck safety blitz
The latest from the road, where drivers have just about seen all four seasons over the past week. Plus, information on the CVSA Roadcheck safety blitz.
IV. Highway bill extension request
With the current highway bill nearly running out of road, dozens of organizations are asking Congress for an extension, plus emergency funding for states and COVID-19 recovery efforts.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- You can find the latest information on road closures and detours in Washington here. And for road closures in California click here.
- Grants for APU purchases in four states. Get more information here.
- The Chrome Shop Mafia has delayed the Guilty by Association Truck Show until 2021. However, they will offer a live streaming event Sept. 25. Find out more here.
- Be sure to check out the Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Charley Endorf Petro in York, Neb., at Exit 353 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.