Land Line Now, Oct. 18, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Few rules in trucking generate as many headaches as the rules for using your truck as a personal conveyance. We’ll have some advice.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Transportation secretary addresses supply chain crisis on national TV, calls out driver retention problem. XPO settles two misclassification lawsuits involving hundreds of port drivers for $30 million. And a popular trucking reality show is coming back to TV.
II. Personal conveyance – let’s make it less confusing
Confusion over various regulations or guidance can create all kinds of headaches – and few have created as much as the rules surrounding the use of your truck as a personal conveyance. We’ll address some recent questions about that and split sleeper time.
III. Lease-purchase problems
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is – and that’s especially true of lease-purchase agreements. The October issue of Land Line Magazine tackles that issue, along with “walk-away leases,” with tips on what to watch out for.
IV. Truck parking update
Truck parking issues are heating up in local governments, and bill to pay for more truck parking remains under consideration in Congress.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- You can find a location to get a COVID-19 vaccination by entering a zip code into the vaccine finder website or text your ZIP code to 438829.You can also call 800-232-0233.
- To run various hours-of-service scenarios to see if you would be compliant or in violation, go to the FMCSA’s ETHOS web page.
- OOIDA is urging truckers to call their members of Congress about HR 2187, the Truck Parking Safety Improvement Act. You can do that at the Fighting for Truckers website.
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro truck stop in Spokane, Wash. That’s at Exit 272 off Interstate 90. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.