Tyson Fisher discusses an upcoming federal handbook for states, counties and cities; what three states are doing; and private sector action on truck parking.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Another round of winter weather is creating havoc in the Northeast, while the Pacific Northwest deals with its own problems. The Supreme Court hears arguments about OSHA’s vaccine-or-test mandate for large employers. And Colorado’s governor speaks up about his decision to commute the 110-year prison sentence of Rogel Aguilera-Mederos.
II. Parking: positive things coming in ‘22
Tyson Fisher of Land Line Magazine is optimistic that some big, positive things are coming in 2022 for truck parking. He’ll talk about the Federal Highway Administration’s upcoming handbook that should give states, counties and cities a guide for addressing the problem, as well as what three states are doing right now, and how the private sector is stepping up too.
III. Tire prices and Colorado case on truckers’ minds
Marty Ellis is ready to hit the road, and ready to talk about several topics, including the price of oil and tires, the latest on what’s happened to the trucker in a Colorado case, and getting ready to drive in the cold now that winter has arrived.
IV. Tackling bad lease deals
Two cabinet level departments are getting ready to tackle some long running problems in the trucking industry – including predatory lease-purchase deals and supporting better quality trucking jobs.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s Tour Truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro truck stop in Weatherford, Texas. That’s at Exit 409 off Interstate 20. Stop in, say hi to Marty, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Read the latest edition of The Parking Zone.
- The OOIDA Foundation is offering several free, online classes. Topics include the cost of operations and getting your own authority. You can find them on You Tube or at the OOIDA online education page on the Association’s website, OOIDA.com.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.