Land Line Now, Feb. 11, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA has urged the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to prioritize truckers receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine at locations they frequent.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The House T&I chair says help for truck parking is on the way, thanks to a promise made to OOIDA. Winter weather causes havoc across the country And quoth the raven: Hey, who turned out the lights?
II. Who is (and isn’t) an independent contractor?
The Department of Labor has delayed a new rule that would sharpen the definition of who is an employee and who is an independent contractor. Also, the FMCSA has a new strategic plan and we’ll discuss the pandemic’s impact on trucking.
III. Left lane rules
Who can, and who can’t use the left lane on an interstate highway, and under what conditions can they use it? States across the country are tightening up the rules.
IV. OOIDA: Get truckers the COVID-19 vaccine
OOIDA has urged the Centers for Disease Control to prioritize truckers receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. We’ll also discuss what the administration hopes to spend on transportation and the government’s attitude toward slowdowns.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The OOIDA Foundation is offering a series of free, online classes on getting your own authority. The first videos in the series can be found on YouTube or OOIDA’s online education page.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Henry Albert TA in Laredo, Texas. That’s at Exit 13 off Interstate 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- Read more about the proposed delay for DOL Independent Contractor Rule.
- Find the details on the FMCSA Strategic Plan.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com