Land Line Now, March 31, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Both the president and some congressional leaders want to include a large infrastructure plan in the next planned COVID-19 relief bill. Also, free cookies!
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
States crack down on border crossings, but not for trucks; Small business loans are included in the stimulus bill; and never mind the applause; there’s no one here – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Free cookies for truckers
If you travel down Interstate 49, you might notice a woman in a white tent across from a local truck stop. That’s Gaynell Williams, offering truckers free, homemade baked goods. Also, we’ll hear what one trucker who was interviewed by “60 Minutes” thought of the final product.
III. Idaho sales tax for roads fails
An Idaho effort to increase the sales tax to help roads has failed, while Colorado lawmakers are still toying with a higher speed limit.
IV. Next COVID-19 stimulus bill may include roads
Both the president and some congressional leaders want to include a large infrastructure plan in the next planned COVID-19 relief bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- If you want to see when Gaynell Williams is giving away cookies and other baked goods across the street from the Pilot in Nevada, Mo., go to the Truckers Feed Facebook page.
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in London, Ohio, at Exit 79 on Interstate 70. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can watch the “60 Minutes” report on driverless trucks, or read a transcript here.
- Find out more about Trucker Feed here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.