Land Line Now, Nov. 20, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
COVID restrictions tighten up around the country; Drivers get class action status in a lawsuit against Werner; and the tale of the owl and the Christmas tree.
II. Avoiding ticket, citation mistakes
People facing a ticket or citation often find themselves navigating a mine field of potential mistakes – here’s how to avoid them.
III. Restaurants and pilot programs
Which restaurants are open these days and confusion over the FMCSA’s two pilot programs for young drivers.
IV. Call to action on truck parking
Want more truck parking? It’s not a pipe dream, but it’s your voice that’s going to push the issue across the finish line, and there’s a new way to get it done.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in East Oklahoma City, Okla., located at Exit 142 off Interstate 40. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Osburn also is giving away free protective masks.
- You can learn more about the services offered by CDL Legal on their website or call them at 913-738-4836.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.