Land Line Now, Oct. 12, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
May I use your bathroom? The answer at shippers and receivers is often no these days. Plus, why dashcams make for a smart investment.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Cleanup begins in the wake of Hurricane Delta; Prime is ordered to clear up confusion over a driver wage lawsuit; and a wild emu chase in Florida.
II. May I use the bathroom?
Truckers grapple with the lack of bathroom options at shippers and receivers across the country.
III. Investing in a dashcam
Dashcams have become another valuable tool in the trucker’s toolbox, and we find out why it’s a smart investment even if you’re the safest driver on the road.
IV. PPP prospects, Part 2
Looking at the prospects of a deal in Washington for another round of coronavirus relief for small businesses and individuals.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- In Louisiana, multiple roads remained closed on Monday because of damage from Hurricane Delta. Get the latest road closures here.
- The SBA and U.S. Treasury Department are making changes to the loan forgiveness application for the Paycheck Protection Program for loans of $50,000 or less. You can find more information at SBA.gov.
- If you’re interested in making a claim in the class action lawsuit against Prime Incorporated, go to PrimeTruckingSettlement.com.
- Truckers can receive vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations. Email the St. Christopher Fund at Julie@TruckersFund.org or call 865-544-8145.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA truck stop in Willington, Conn., located at Exit 71 off Interstate 84. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.