Land Line Now, April 17, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers are telling Jon Osburn about low fuel costs, and even lower freight rates. Also, what’s being done to help truckers during the pandemic.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Traffic is down, but speeders are up (among cars); Canada sets new rules for people entering the country; and Tucson’s Triple T Truck Stop tips its hat to truckers – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Making that aerodynamic rig shine
If you have an old-style, long-nose truck, you likely have plenty of options to pretty it up. For those with newer, aerodynamic rigs, not so much. But that is changing.
III. Low fuel prices, lower freight rates
Jon Osburn is dispensing advice on staying healthy, while truckers are telling him about low fuel costs, and even lower freight rates.
IV. Getting truckers’ needs met
While the president did say thank you to truckers earlier this week, some important issues truckers need resolved are still out there. We’ll discuss efforts to get them fixed, and what’s ahead economically for trucking.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email email@example.com.
- The Salvation Army has opened up a hotline for anyone who needs emotional or spiritual care during the pandemic. You can call 844-458-4673 from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2006 Freightliner Columbia with a 2007 Fontaine flatbed. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Starting April 23, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Cartersville, Ga. That’s at Exit 296 on Interstate 75. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.