Land Line Now, July 21, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Keeping your brakes in good standing means keeping up with maintenance, especially the air system. Also, fighting for truckers state by state.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
New Prime agrees to settle in a driver wage lawsuit; a watchdog commission says YRC may not be entitled to a government loan; and the great New York swan rescue.
II. Keeping your brakes in good standing
Brakes frequently turn up on inspection reports – and often not in a good way. The air system behind those brakes has to be maintained to keep everything working right. Knowing what to look for is important.
III. Tolls in San Francisco and CDL violations in Pennsylvania
Efforts to increase toll prices on certain bridges in the San Francisco area cross another hurdle, and Pennsylvania could be cutting the reporting time for CDL violations in half.
IV. Fighting for truckers state by state
OOIDA’s legislative efforts on Capitol Hill and the White House often get the headlines, but the work the association does on a state-by-state basis can be just as important.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- FMCSA announces details of 2020 Trucking Safety Summit.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Monee, Ill., at Exit 335 on Interstate 57. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks, if you’re in need.
- Learn more about Brake Safe here. OOIDA members can get a discount on their products.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.