Land Line Now, March 2, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Income Tax Day – April 15th – is coming soon, so you need to be ready. We’ll go over the information you need to gather now to file then.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Fuel rises above $3 a gallon for the first time in more than a year. At least 15 people were killed in a crash involving a truck in California. And a good ol’ Duke boy pays tribute to truck drivers
II. Income tax deadline means get ready now
April 15th is famous for a lot of reasons, but the date is remembered by most people because it’s the annual deadline to file federal income taxes. We’ll go over what paperwork and information you need now to file taxes then.
III. More states eye speed limits
Are your state’s speed limits too slow, too fast, or too different for different types of vehicles? Eight states are taking action to fix what they see as speed limit problems.
IV. Another top appointment to DOT
President Biden has nominated a person with a long resume in transportation to a top post at the U.S. DOT. We’ll explain who she is and what we can expect if she’s confirmed.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The OOIDA Foundation offers a series of free, online classes about the cost of operations. You can find it on the OOIDA Business Education page on YouTube, or OOIDA’s Online Education page on their website.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Bill Ater Jr. Petro in Carl’s Corner, Texas. That’s at Exit 374 off Interstate 35E. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- Visit the MBA Tax and Bookkeeping website for more income tax advice and information.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com