Land Line Now, Sept. 9, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
CVSA’s annual Roadcheck safety blitz is underway now after a nearly four-month delay. We’ll explain how it works and what to watch for.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA argues its case for truckers to be able to sue the FMCSA; wildfires and wild weather make for some rough roads out west; and license plate forgery is an art – and also a crime – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Hurricane Laura – damage and recovery
Hurricane Laura left behind billions of dollars in damage across communities in southwestern Louisiana that are now putting their lives back together. We’ll hear from two truckers who were hit by the storm, and two others who are doing what they can to help.
III. Rates – OK now, not so much later
Rates continue to surge, but a drop might not be far off. We’ll have the weekly report from DAT.
IV. Roadcheck – Surviving the safety blitiz
CVSA’s annual Roadcheck safety blitz is underway right now after a nearly four-month delay. We’ll explain how it works and what to watch out for – and discuss some delays in TWIC and hazmat endorsements.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Go to tripcheck.com for the latest information on road closures due to wildfires in Oregon. For Washington state closure information, go to the Washington DOT website.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The Chrome Shop Mafia has delayed the Guilty by Association Truck Show until 2021. However, they will offer a live streaming event Sept. 25. Find out more here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Charley Endorf Petro in York, Neb., at Exit 353 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Anyone seeing a delay in getting a TWIC or hazmat endorsement send email to Doug_Morris@OOIDA.com.
- You can find the 2020 International Roadcheck requirements here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.