Land Line Now, May 25, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
In honor of Memorial Day and our anniversary, we’re honoring our military with the story of World War II’s “Red Ball Express” and the Gun Trucks of Vietnam.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA petitions the FMCSA for action against bad brokers; the Association says California’s AB5 law could be fatal for small trucking operations; and I don’t think that’s what they mean by “using your melon” – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. The Red Ball Express
In keeping with Land Line Now’s tradition of honoring our military, an encore of our 2006 story about the most famous role soldier-truckers played in any war – World War II’s “Red Ball Express.”
III. The Gun Trucks of Vietnam
Our Veterans Day special from 2006 – Army veteran Reed Black tells the story of the Gun Trucks of Vietnam.
IV. Results of the trucker protests
For several weeks, truckers have been in our nation’s capital and other cities, protesting low rates and demanding action on broker transparency. So, as things apparently wind down, what are the results?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have questions, or situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA truck stop in Ogallala, Neb. That’s located at Exit 126 on Interstate 80. Stop in, say hi to Jon, and join OOIDA at a discount. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.