Land Line Now, June 23, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
For years, we’ve heard about the Highway Trust Fund’s slow march toward insolvency. Now, another plan to bail it out has emerged. Also, fifth wheel options.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Firefighters make progress in battling an Arizona wildfire; I-94 in Minneapolis will close overnight tonight; and a suspicious package causes a stink – literally – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Making that 5th Wheel shine
In terms of either improving your truck’s function or making it shine, one vital part often gets overlooked – the humble fifth wheel. We’ll discuss what your options are.
III. Michigan looks at tolls
Michigan is taking a hard look at tolls and local road funding aid, while a Pennsylvania effort to revamp notification rules for CDL violations is underway.
IV. Highway Trust Fund bailout proposed
For years, we’ve been hearing about the Highway Trust Fund’s slow march toward insolvency. Now, yet another plan to bail it out – at least, for now – has emerged.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting July 7, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 on Interstate 80. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.