Land Line Now, July 27, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Massachusetts will spend big on roads and bridges, Maine will ask voters about highway bonds, and the feds fail to advance infrastructure.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Fuel dips for the first time in three months. A repair shop is held responsible in a deadly accident. And if you get caught between the moon and Tesla’s Autopilot system …
II. Where the rubber meets the road
Need help picking out new tires? You’re not alone. It’s a daunting task. Buying new tires is an investment, one that could end up saving you money if you make the right choice – and costing you money if you don’t. So how do you do that? We’ll have some tips.
III. One state to spend big on roads, another turns to voters on highways
City-owned roads and bridges will get a multimillion dollar boost under a new law in Massachusetts, while Maine will let voters decide on a new set of bonds to fund transportation.
IV. Infrastructure talks stall
If you were expecting that Congress would get their ducks in a row on an infrastructure bill, prepare for disappointment. We’ll explain what happened, what didn’t happen, what’s next and why it matters.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Love’s Travel Stops made a $100,000 donation to St. Christopher Truckers Development and Relief Fund this week. You can find more information about the Christopher Fund online.
- The OOIDA Foundation will offer the Truck to Success seminar in person at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo., or online via Zoom on Oct. 26-28. Registration is now open.
- Starting Sunday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Troy, Ill. That’s at Exit 18 off Interstates 55 and 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- For questions about commercial vehicle tires, you can go to the Michelin Commercial Truck Tire website.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.