Land Line Now, July 26, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Summer weather is here. And that can lead to extreme health problems – heat exhaustion, or even heat stroke. We’ll have some advice.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Senate continues to work on a bipartisan infrastructure deal. Wild weather leads to a wild weekend on I-70 in Colorado. And will cornhole ever make it to the Olympics?
II. Health and summer heat
Summer heat can be a real problem – and this year could be a doozie. At the extreme, hot weather can lead to extreme health problems – heat exhaustion, or even heat stroke. We’ll have some advice on coping with the heat.
III. Land Line Magazine preview
When it comes to maintenance, taxes and legal issues, you’re going to have questions – and a great place to get the answers is Land Line Magazine. We’ll offer a sneak peek of the features inside the July issue, where experts take common (and sometimes uncommon) questions and break them down in ways that can help everyone.
IV. Which state issues get attention
Just like the federal government, state governments can have a huge impact on your life as a trucker. The problem is, you end up fighting in 50 arenas instead of one. So how do you decide what issues rise above the others, that merit attention and effort at the state level?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Drivers on the Oklahoma Turnpike can now use a PikePass transponder or pay with their license plate using the PlatePay system. You can find more information here.
- The OOIDA Foundation will offer the Truck to Success seminar in person at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo., or online via Zoom Oct. 26-28. Registration is now open.
- Starting Aug. 1, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Troy, Ill. That’s located at Exit 18 off Interstates 55 and 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about Occupational Health Systems here.
- You can find out more about the Christopher Truckers Relief Fund here.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.