Land Line Now, May 14, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers have long complained of multiple background checks for renewing a hazmat endorsement or TWIC. However, now, a fix may be in the words.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Colonial Pipeline is nearing full capacity, but some shortages persist. A new vaccine clinic for truckers is available in Montana. And the back seat driver strikes again
II. Restoring a very special ride
Everyone has that one truck that’s special – the one you wish you could drive forever. However, few have put as much in the way of money and work into a truck as one family from Ohio.
III. Adventures in vaccination
The unique challenges truckers face in getting vaccinated have raised their ugly heads again. And Marty Ellis has experienced some of those adventures in vaccination.
IV. Hazmat endorsement, TWIC may require fewer checks
For some time, truckers have complained about the multiple backgrounds checks many have to go through to get hazmat certification, TWIC, a FAST card and more. Now, the Transportation Security Administration is taking a small step forward toward fixing that.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Arkansas DOT has a webpage for the latest information on the I-40 bridge over the Mississippi River. You can find the page here.
- The Maryland Transportation Authority has issued a warning to tolling customers about third-party bill payment services claiming to be associated with them. The Authority is not affiliated with any of these services. They suggest you go directly to their website rather than using a search engine.
- Get the details on vaccine clinics and locations here.
- Starting Sunday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Rob Fernald TA in Willington, Conn. That’s at Exit 71 off Interstate 84. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks. If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@ChromeShopMafia.com.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.