Land Line Now, May 28, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
What should you do if you are hauling into an area with protests? We’ll have some advice. Also, what’s next for the changes to the hours of service?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Public protests block traffic and create a reminder for truck drivers; tolls will soon be on the rise in New Jersey; and wait – what did that stoplight just say to me? It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. The latest on hours-of-service changes
The recent changes to the hours of service officially publish on Monday. Also, opposition to automated vehicles.
III. Absentee voting rules change
More than 20 states have revised absentee voting rules in response to the coronavirus pandemic, while South Dakota extends CDL renewals.
IV. Protests prompt safety concerns
What you should do if you are hauling into an area with civil unrest; also, nine senators want the president to allow temporarily, work-based visas to help the economic recovery.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA Express in Hot Springs, S.D. That’s at the intersection of U.S. Highways 385 and 18. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- For information on gun laws in every state, go to GunsToCarry.com.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.