Recent research makes a case for hair testing – but Andrew King of the OOIDA Foundation says the study is flawed, and he tells us why.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Diesel prices creep upward again. Get ready for more winter weather along the I-95 corridor. And Fed Ex will have to leave the lasers to Star Wars.
II. Hair testing study not up to snuff, OOIDA says
A recent piece of research makes the case for hair testing – but Andrew King of the OOIDA Foundation says the study is flawed, and he tells us why. Also, OOIDA life member Carmen Anderson tells us about a recent listening session hosted by the White House that aims to get more women into trucking.
III. ELDs face 3G shutdown
Check those ELDs. Some will essentially turn into bricks starting next month as providers phase out 3G service. Dean Croke of DAT has some important reminders on that before getting into the latest trends and numbers in the spot market.
IV. Filibuster has helped on some trucking issues
Democrats are trying to make changes to how the filibuster is used in the U.S. Senate. However, the current rules may have benefitted truckers on several occasions.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- Find the full report on the Roadmap of State Highway Safety Laws here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in New Braunfels, Texas. That’s at Exit 193 off Interstate 35. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.