Land Line Now, Jan. 12, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
An auto safety group recommends 400 road safety laws they say are needed – including speed limiters, underride guards and sleep apnea tests.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The U.S. DOT has a new acting Secretary. Dangerous winds are coming to the northwest. And California cows cause closures and chaos.
II. Tax paperwork you need to get now
Taxes involve paperwork – and right now is an important time in terms of paperwork that you should either be sending, or receiving. We’ll have a list.
III. OOIDA says no to North Dakota road trains
OOIDA says the push in North Dakota to allow road trains is unnecessary, while Indiana lawmakers consider eliminating the state’s split speed limit.
IV. Road safety laws – group says we need 400 more
An auto safety group has recommended 400 additional laws they say should be adopted to ensure our roads are safe.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Corning, Calif. That’s at Exit 630 off Interstate 5. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- Visit the MBA Tax and Bookkeeping website for more information.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.