Winter weather has arrived. Dean Croke of DAT tells us how that’s affecting freight rates and breaks down the latest spot market trends.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Winter weather is wreaking havoc on roadways throughout the Sierras. A trucker is carjacked, kidnapped and robbed in Atlanta. And if you’re going to steal, the IRS wants to make sure you don’t flub up your taxes.
II. Warnings vs. tickets
Getting a warning instead of a ticket can, through a kind of back door, affect your CSA, your Pre-employment Screening Program records, and other factors that have a direct impact on you and your ability to make a living. Alex Clark and David Grimes of CDL Legal will offer the straight facts and some good advice.
III. Winter weather’s effect on freight rates
Winter weather has arrived. Dean Croke of DAT tells us how that’s affecting freight rates before breaking down the latest trends and numbers in the spot market.
IV. Looking ahead at Congress in 2022
How to get something done in Congress is, to say the least, a fine art. And in recent years it’s become harder and harder. So what do we expect them to do in the coming year? What are the opportunities for getting something of benefit to truckers passed? We’ll take a look ahead.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- While chain laws vary by state, you don’t have to spend hours trying to research them. Land Line has put together a comprehensive list of chain law requirements in the U.S. and Canada.
- The OOIDA Foundation offers several free, online classes. You can find them on YouTube or OOIDA’s online education page.
- Starting Monday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Terrell, Texas. That’s at Exit 503 off Interstate 20. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Learn more about the services offered by CDL Legal on their website or call them at 913-738-4836.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.