Land Line Now, July 1, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The July Fourth holiday and the end of the quarter give a boost to freight and rates, but uncertainty lies in the road ahead. Also, questions that get a “yes.”
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
YRC will receive a $700 million CARES Act loan; the Senate passes a surprise extension of the Paycheck Protection Program; and own a piece of the Wild West – in New Zealand – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. The ‘yes’ questions
Last week, we went over some of the frequently asked questions that OOIDA staff has to say “no” to. This time, they look on the brighter side of things with some of the questions they often get to say “yes” to.
III. Fourth adds some fireworks to freight
The July Fourth holiday and the end of the quarter give a boost to freight and rates, but uncertainty lies in the road ahead.
IV. Highway bill – what’s next?
The House version of the highway bill is on its way to passage in the lower chamber of Congress – complete with a provision to more than double your insurance costs.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting July 7, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 on Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find out more on OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing assistance here.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.