Land Line Now, June 10, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Freight and rates continue to rebound even as produce season begins to wind down. Also, more about the trucker who drove into Minnesota protest.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Don’t expect high oil or diesel prices this year; officials identify the trucker who drove off a Mississippi bridge; and the most polite prison escape ever – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Customer calls Minnesota trucker ‘a good guy’
By now, most of you have heard of the tanker truck driver who found himself in the middle of protesters on I-35 in Minneapolis. We’ll hear from the last person who had a face-to-face conversation with that trucker. Also, Women in Trucking is offering members a free wellness program, while the organizers of an Iowa truck show adapt to their event’s cancellation by getting into their trucks for an honor cruise.
III. Freight and rates continue to rebound
Freight and rates continue to rebound even as produce season begins to wind down in some areas.
IV. Pandemic’s effect on truckers
Understanding how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected truckers and other transportation workers is the key to knowing how to help them get to the other side. We’ll discuss the key factors discussed by a congressional committee – and how they might affect you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Spokane, Wash. That’s located at Exit 272 on Interstate 90. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.