Land Line Now, April 2, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
FMCSA has some advice if you’re hauling freight into cities or states where officials have restricted travel – plus some information on small business aid.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
U.S. Rep. Peter DeFazio pushes for an infrastructure plan in the next relief package; The association that represents truck stops urges local governments to go easy on truckers; and there is a free lunch – to say thanks to truckers – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. FMCSA’s advice for hauling where travel is restricted
If you’re hauling freight into cities or states where officials have restricted travel, you may wonder how those orders affect you. We’ll discuss the guidance that FMCSA is offering truckers on that topic – plus some information on aid to help small businesses during the crisis.
III. Maine voters to decide on road bonds
Maine voters will get their chance to decide on $105 million in transportation bonds. I’ll cover that with our state legislative expert, Keith Goble.
IV. Trucker tells congressman what it’s like out there
Members of Congress need and want to know about the challenges truckers face right now moving America’s freight during the crisis. So one trucker stepped up and set up a phone conference with his representative to let him know.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in New Paris, Ohio, located at Exit 156B on Interstate 70. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- Comment on the National Tank Truck Carriers’ exemption request by May 4 at the federal regulations website.
- Comment on Nauto’s exemption request by May 4 at the federal regulations website.