Land Line Now, March 27, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
As the COVID-19 crisis develops, the government is working to make it easier for truckers to do their jobs. Also, Jon Osburn says folks are helping out.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Putting a Rhode Island road rumor to rest; OOIDA pushes for extension for TWIC cards; and the most British response to the ongoing crisis – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. What the feds are doing to help you cope with COVID-19
As the COVID-19 crisis develops, the government is taking action to make it easier for truckers to do their job keeping America stocked up on essential supplies. We’ll have an update.
III. Truck stops, some restaurants trying to help truckers
Jon Osburn says restaurants are trying to make sure truckers get fed, truck stops are keeping an eye quarantined drivers inside their rigs, and truckers are going the extra mile to keep our country supplied.
IV. Stimulus would help truckers during COVID-19 crisis
The largest emergency stimulus package in U.S. history is moving every closer to final passage. And it contains provisions that could help a lot of families and small businesses weather the COVID-19 crisis.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- Pilot Flying J announced that, effective as of 11 p.m. Thursday night, select restaurants in its network will be closing during overnight hours. You can find a full list at pilotflyingj.com.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Jeffersonville, Ohio, at Exit 65 on Interstate 71. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does here. Contact them at 816-229-5791 for assistance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.