Land Line Now, Feb. 4, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A new federal face mask mandate is going into place. We’ll find out how it may, or may not, affect you – and what the feds consider a mask.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA tells Congress it’s time for action to help truck drivers. A new date is announced for rule on worker classification. And a different kind of parking shortage.
II. Face mask mandate, yard moves and Buttigieg
Pete Buttigieg is settling into his new role as secretary of transportation. Meanwhile, the FMCSA issues new guidance on yard moves and a new federal face mask mandate goes into effect.
III. States eye speed limit changes
Soon, some states may let you drive faster; some may slow you down; and some will at least put all traffic at the same speed. We’ll explain what’s going on where.
IV. Zero emission reefers and more on face masks
California is taking steps to move all reefers toward zero emissions. And we’ll discuss more about the latest federal face mask requirement – from OOIDA Director of Safety and Security Operations Doug Morris.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Las Cruces, N.M. That’s at Exit 139 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- Read more about Pete Buttigieg’s confirmation hearing.
- Truckers mostly exempt from new federal mask mandate. Find out more here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.